1948' Bentley Mark VI
Executor sale following death of owner at the end of 2018.
First registered on 26 October 1948. Taken off the road sometime after 1955. Found in an old garage in Pembrokeshire in 1984, in a stripped and dilapidated condition. New owner arranged for the vehicle to be stripped and modified for racing, as a replica of pre-war racing machine. The chassis was shortened to an A type specification and a 1928/29 class rules body built by T LaRoche (ex Rolls Royce coachbuilder) who lived local to the then owner.
Original engine has been retained.
Car was purchased by last owner in 2014 who rebuilt it to it's present condition using many period parts including 19" wire wheels, period styling steering wheel,beige leather interior,and dummy supercharger.
Last used by owner in Summer 2018, including taking part in the Bentley Drivers Club day at Silverstone. See videos on BDC website, BDC Silverstone 2018 by gazzerjohn showing view looking forward over bonnet, and Parade of Cars(this car appears on right of screen at 3.08 minutes into video