1956' Buick Special Riviera Two-Door Hardt
Located in the USA...
1956 Buick Special Riviera Two-door Hardtop RestoMod = US-specs...
Dover White over Cambridge Blue
350 CID V-8
1956 Buick Special Riviera Two-door Hardtop Restomod
•Same owner for more than 30 years!
•Older, frame-off restoration from 1992 to 1995
•Dover White (code C) over Cambridge Blue (code G) over Dover White (code C)
•Two-tone gray cloth interior
•1980 Buick LeSabre front frame and rear axle
•Early 1970’s Oldsmobile 350 CID V-8
•Turbo Hydramatic 350 three-speed automatic transmission and 3.90 gearing
•Cruise control, power steering, power brakes with discs in front and power mirrors
•Tilt steering column from 1980 Buick LeSabre
- The Buick Special was usually pitched as Buick’s entry-level model; by 1955, it was one of America's best-selling automotive series.
- This particular example had the same owner and was lovingly cared for since 1988 and underwent a frame-off restoration between 1992 and 1995.
- It was assembled in GM’s original Fairfax Kansas City, Kansas factory (VIN code 4).
- Finished in Dover White (code C) over Cambridge Blue (code G) over Dover White (code C), the car’s paint and trim are in overall very good order, with the color combination being especially eye-catching.
-There are blemishes at the driver’s door and on the passenger side of the windshield, likely from a previous wiper blade or wiper frame.
The car has a straight body, a very tidy engine bay, the battery appears new and the car’s bumpers are in good, original order.
- During the restoration, the car received a boxed front frame and rear axle from a 1980 Buick LeSabre.
- This Buick rolls on Cooper radials, size 235/75R15 all around.
- The tires are mounted on steel wheels topped with baby moon wheel covers.
- The wheels are in good, original order while the tires are in very good condition.
- Under the hood is a 350 CID V-8 engine from an early 1970s Oldsmobile, mated to a Turbo Hydramatic 350 three-speed automatic transmission and a 3.90:1 rear end.
- Driver convenience features include power steering with tilt steering column from a 1980 Buick T-Type, power brakes with discs in front, cruise control and power mirrors, complete with sideview mirrors from a late 1960s or early 1970s Buick.
- Inside, the car is the car’s two-tone gray cloth interior is in very good order.
- The split-folding front bench and rear bench seats are in fine shape, as is the matching gray carpet and headliner.
- The wrapped three-spoke steering wheel came from a 1980 Buick T-Type with tilt mechanism. The inner door liners and Cambridge Blue dashboard are in good, original order.
- The dash has a regular suite of gauges along with an aftermarket tachometer perched atop the steering column.
- A Sony AM/FM stereo with CD completes the interior.
From 1949 to 1957, Buick Specials had three VentiPorts while more senior Buicks had four. Earlier versions had a “Sweepspear” inspired character line alongside the body, while later versions had the “Sweepspear” molding attached to the side of all models.
Competition to this Buick in 1956 included Chrysler’s Windsor Nassau Two-door Hardtop, DeSoto’s Firedome Seville Hardtop, Dodge’s Coronet Lancer, Hudson’s Hornet Hollywood Hardtop, Mercury’s Medalist Coupe, Nash’s Ambassador Custom Country Club Coupe, Oldsmobile’s 88 Holiday Coupe, Packard’s Clipper Super Hardtop and Pontiac’s Star Chief Catalina Coupe.
If you’re looking for a classic car with a more modern powertrain, this lightly modified Buick could just be the ticket. This Special Riviera represents a viable alternative to the popular Chevy Tri-Fives for prospective and veteran collectors alike. Come by our Classic Cars today to check out this Buick for yourself.
This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 92,917 miles. It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....stv
- +15Show phone
- United Kingdom
- 13 August 2019