1970' Jaguar E-Type
This fantastic E Type is an original RHD, matching numbers car. It had been off the road for almost thirty years when the previous owner acquired it some years ago.
It had been partially stripped for painting and then, as so often happens, the project had stalled and it was left in storage from 1982-2008. This explains the low mileage of just 71k which is believed correct.
The car has recently undergone a full professional body restoration at Durham Restoration. It was taken down to a bare shell and, on completion, painted inside and out to concourse standard.
The engine was professionally rebuilt with new pistons, valves, timing chains, bearings etc.
All other mechanical and electrical components were either rebuilt or renewed. Radiator re-cored, new hoses etc.
The car was fully re-trimmed in red leather thereby retaining its original colour scheme of cream/red.
The car retains its original and rare Allard Golde sunroof in body colour making European touring a breeze.
In addition to the body restoration the previous owner had incorporated many sensible upgrades, using only the best components available, irrespective of cost.
This car has been built to be driven.
1. Five speed gearbox by E-type Fabs.
2. Uprated braking system. Ventilated discs all round. Six pot alloy callipers by E Type Fabs.
3. Stainless Exhaust System (ClassicFabs). Top of the range system, including tubular manifolds.
4. 6” polished stainless steel wire wheels.
5. Free-flow air filter upgrade from Rob Beere Racing.
6. 123 Electronic Ignition.
7. Rear suspension rebuilt and uprated with new springs and Koni dampers.
8. Front suspension rebuilt with E Type Fabs modified wishbones.
9. Uprated ventilation fan.
10. Hi Torque starter motor.
11. Oil filter upgrade to canister type.
12. Inertia reel seatbelts
The car has covered in the region of 1500 miles since restoration, is in perfect condition and drives exceptionally well
Ready for many years pleasurable motoring enjoyment .
A change in circumstances means the car is reluctantly offered for sale. The asking price represents a fraction of the total expenditure.
Probably the best example currently available.
- +44Show phone
- 9 September 2019