1962' Jaguar E-Type Fia
To be offered by Silverstone Auctions at the ‘Silverstone Classic’ on Saturday 27th July 2019 in The Wing building at the Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire (NN12 8TN). Viewing is available from 9:00am on Friday 26th July and on the morning of the sale day. For more information, please contact Harry Whale on the office number below.
Lot number: 253
Estimate: £115,000 - £130,000
(+buyer's premium of 15% including VAT @ 20%)
• Owned and raced for the past 20 years with no expense spared
• FIA papers valid until 2026. Recent engine rebuild. Ready to race
• Under current long-term ownership, Jaguar Driver of the Year x 2, HSCC Guards Trophy- Overall champion
• Class wins in Jaguar Heritage. Its most recent outing was the Le Mans Classic last year
• Featured in many magazines
• Eligible for a variety of high-quality events, ready to go and offered at a competitive guide
This, very special FIA E-Type, has been owned by our vendor, who is a well-known and respected historic racer, for the past 20 years and no expense has been spared during this time preparing the car to the highest of standards. During his successful ownership, he has won Jaguar 'Driver of the Year' two times, HSCC Guards Trophy Championship - Overall champion along with Class wins, class wins in the competitive Jaguar Heritage series and its last outing was in the famous Le Mans Classic event last year.
During his ownership, the car has been featured in many magazines, including a track test feature by Autosport magazine at Snetterton circuit in Norfolk. Since the last outing at Le Mans, the engine has been fully rebuilt and is described by our vendor as absolutely ‘ready to race’, after the usual pre-race checks teams should carry out naturally. Eligible for a variety of top-class events and supplied with the ever-important FIA papers (until 2026) this rare and sensibly priced Jaguar E-Type is ready for its next owner to enjoy at the most exclusive and sought-after events in historic motorsport.
- +44Show phone
- 11 July 2019