1958' Jaguar Xk150
The Jaguar XK150 was a sports car produced by Jaguar Cars between 1957 and 1961. It replaced the previous Jaguar XK140.
Initially it was available in Fixed Head Coupe (FHC) and Drop Head Coupe (DHC) versions. The Open Two Seater (OTS) Roadster model was not launched until 1958. Token rear seats were fitted in the coupes.
Although having a family resemblance to the XK120 and XK140, the XK150 was radically modernised. For the first time a one piece windscreen was used and the wing line no longer dropped as much over the doors. The bonnet was widened and opened down to the wings and on the OTS the bulkhead was moved back to make it about 4 inches longer. The car was available at various times in Red, Pearl Grey, White, Indigo Blue, Claret, Cotswold Blue, Black, Mist Grey, Sherwood Green, Carmen Red, British racing Green, Cornish grey and Imperial Maroon.
Inside the car the walnut dashboard went, to be replaced by one trimmed in leather. The doors were thinner giving more interior space.
This Jaguar XK150 DHC 3.4 has been owned by a private collector since 1994. Prior to that it was owned and restored by Lord Harris who commissioned a ground up restoration on the car. In doing so beautifully preserving the original interior which is fantastic.
A wonderfully prepared history file including the cars very own engraved plaque houses a road diary, period photos and an in-depth detailed history.
Recently serviced and inspected by marque specialists, the car drives beautifully and warrants being used for long tours or exploring country roads just as the previous owner did for many years.
Despatched April 1958
Chassis S837347 BW
Original colour scheme
Originally LHD converted to RHD
3.4 ltr, straight port 6 cylinder, x2 HD6 2” carbs 210 bhp @ 5500rpm.
Continuous road diary kept by previous owners. Period photographs outside of Lord Harris house. Original scanned owners manual.
Matching numbers and beautifully displayed.
Viewing welcome and encouraged.
- +44Voir le numéro
- 21 Avril 2021