1948' Talbot-Lago T26 Record Graber
- Graber body
- Fast and reliable
- Concours restoration
In 1935 the Italian Antonio Lago took over the Talbot company in Suresnes. Under his leadership and the new company name Talbot Lago, two completely new car models with six-cylinder engines (2.7- and 3-liters displacement) were developed by 1937. In the years that followed, some of the most exciting vehicles in pre-war history were built in cooperation with the most famous coachbuilders in Europe. These coachbuilders included: Figoni Falaschi, Chausson, Saoutchik, Partout and Henri Chapron. A Graber and Ghia convertible were also produced. In the 1939 racing season, two Grand Prix vehicles were developed in Suresnes. After the Second World War, Lago presented the Talbot Lago Record and the Grand Sport with a 4.5-liter engine and was able to achieve sporting successes such as the Le Mans victory in 1950 with the driver Louis Rosier.
This Talbot Lago was delivered to Switzerland in 1948 to Dr. med. Victor in Zurich, who had the Talbot Lago fitted with this beautiful Graber body. The car changed hands a few more times before it came to the current owner after a very nice article in the Motor Klassik magazine showing the Talbot Lago at hand. Its owner added the Talbot Lago to his exclusive collection. It was then completely rebuilt by the renowned restoration company Zweimüller for around 456,000 euros.
- +49Voir le numéro
- 9 Octobre 2020