1955' Ariel Huntmaster
I have decided to sell my Ariel 650 twin which has only had two previous owners from new. This bike was completely restored by the previous owner from the ground up 5-6 years ago. I still have the original buff green log book.
Original engine and frame.
It is in really nice condition and will be a good investment.
Last taxed in 1971 by the first owner who owned many bikes and stopped using it and put it into storage after that.
Restoration work included:
- engine completely stripped down, new main bearings, new slightly higher compression pistons, bore checked and honed, oil pump, valve guides, reconditioned cam shaft
- frame, side panel, oil tank and mudguards powder coated
- swinging arm bushes
- new taper steering head bearings
- rebuilt wheels (some corrosion on front wheel rim)
- rebuilt forks
- new rear shocks
- new seat
- new exhausts
- new sprocket and chain
- new brush and bearing in dynamo
- tank repainted but two slight dents at front
- needs battery, but engine and lights working fine
Mileage cannot be verified
Bike starts and runs really well, sounds lovely with no smoke. Brakes work fine (for a 1955 bike!).
I am in Mayfield in East Sussex TN20
Let me know if you would like me to send you more photos by calling or texting (I don’t check my emails too often)
- +44Voir le numéro
- 13 Août 2020